The position of software quality assurance tester consists of developing and executing software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects;
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures;
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability;
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers;
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content;
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes;
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems;
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates;
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks;
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.