The position of software quality assurance manager consists of developing, maintaining, and monitoring standardized QA processes and artifacts. It also consists of ensuring that testing quality standards and user requirements are met, to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives. It also consists of being responsible for the QA and testing of various applications within an organization, in support of projects and releases, aligning with delivery dates and available QA resources.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff;
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors;
- Confer with marketing and sales departments to define client requirements and expectations;
- Create and implement inspection and testing criteria or procedures;
- Direct product testing activities throughout production cycles and Oversee workers engaged in testing activities;
- Direct the tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data;
- Document testing procedures, methodologies, or criteria;
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used;
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency;
- Provide the Test Manager with accurate and precise estimates for test automation activities, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.