The position of receptionist consists of answering inquiries and obtaining information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. It also consists of providing information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and employees within organization.
- Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries;
- File and maintain records;
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations;
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers and public;
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments;
- Perform administrative support tasks such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, and operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets and other documents;
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents;
- Provide information about establishment such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided;
- Receive payment and record receipts for services;
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to actively look for ways to help people, and to adjust actions in relation to others‘ actions.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.