The position of purchasing manager consists of planning, directing, or coordinating the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials, products, and services.
- Constant generation of ideas to improve inventory turns on purchased materials, with a focus on standardized components;
- Develop a yearly business plan for Purchasing based on operational guidelines and company goals, and review on an ongoing basis;
- Focus on constant improvements to your departments processes and work flow;
- Lead all employees within the department to achieve individual goals;
- Manage the vendor evaluation process, with an effective vendor evaluation schedule and disciplined follow up of vendor status criteria;
- Negotiate pricing and terms with all vendors, and set guidelines so that the Purchasing team has a clear understanding of purchasing parameters and processes as negotiated;
- Reduce inventory while satisfying customers’ requirements through accurate inventory/usage data analysis and effective vendor stock solutions;
- Work in a safe manner by adhering to all Company Health and Safety policies and legislated regulations;
- Work with companies within the group to utilize existing vendor knowledge and supply chain strategy.
Qualifications and requirements
- A four-year bachelor’s degree;
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others‘ actions, to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.