The position of city treasurer consists of directing municipal financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments.
- Analyze and review budgetary and financial data and prepare quarterly reports;
- Control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations;
- Develop and prepare the annual budget as required;
- Maintain contact with external agencies to exchange information;
- Manage the city utility and customer service;
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods;
- Negotiate and resolve significant and controversial issues;
- Prepare monthly claim expenditures for review by the Council;
- Provide annual statement of investment policy and quarterly investment reports to city council;
- Retrieve data from existing spreadsheet models, database files and other automated or manual sources.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.