The position of city manager consists of coordinating all municipal services in accordance with the guidelines established by the council. Responsibilities include: financial administration, enforcement of regulations and decisions of the city council, and ensure communication between the council and employees, citizens and organizations.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the municipal administrative activities;
- Ensure the compliance of operations and services with the policies established by the city council, applicable laws and regulations;
- Ensure communication between the city council, officers and employees;
- Manage programs and policies in human resources in compliance with the directives of the city council;
- Develop and recommend annual and bi-annual budgets and business plans to the city council;
- Prepare and manage operations, program and service budgets;
- Perform financial administration; budget implementation, vouchers and documentation;
- Orient objectives, priorities and municipal services for the needs of the community;
- Cooperate with the city council, public and private organizations on community based projects;
- Coordinate the preparation of reports; public policy, long term plans for municipal services.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.