The position of call center supervisor consists of supervising and coordinating the activities of the call center and administrative support workers.
- Assist with the development of strategies to increase overall productivity rates;
- Configure system parameters, external servers, agent types and privileges, diversions, call codes;
- Coordinate meetings, focus groups & coaching to improve performance;
- Effectively explain calling techniques and procedures to callers;
- Enforce call center regulations and policies;
- Maintain knowledge of all service tasks/programs, as well as system and telecommunications capabilities;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the workers and evaluate their performance;
- Prioritize assignments, following-up to ensure task completion;
- Provide feedback and training to ensure successful caller performance;
- Represent the needs and issues of callers to higher levels of management.
Qualifications and requirements
- A college degree or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, and to being aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do;
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.