The position of call center agent (outbound telemarketing & sales) consists of using cold calling techniques on prospects and persuading potential customers to purchase a product or service.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals;
- Conduct client or market surveys, and type detailed notes regarding sale or service offered;
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone in order to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes;
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation;
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers;
- Follow sales scripts and probe to better target the needs and interests of a client;
- Maintain records of contacts, accounts, and orders;
- Maintain call logs and reporting details regarding calls;
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into computers;
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to actively look for ways to help people.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.