The position of call center agent (outbound market research & survey) consists of conducting telephone surveys or interviews, explaining objectives and procedures to interviewees, compiling and recording results and data from interviews and surveys.
- Collect data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand;
- Compile, record, code results and data from interviews or surveys;
- Deal with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous individuals;
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data;
- Explain survey objectives and procedures to interviewees;
- Identify and report problems in obtaining valid data;
- Identify and resolve inconsistencies in interviewee’s responses;
- Interpret survey questions to help interviewee’s comprehension;
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace;
- Supervise or train others, and maintain staff records.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying;
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about