The position of call center agent (inbound technical support) consists of being the first line of contact for users with technical issues and providing hardware and software technical support.
- Alert supervisors when there is an absence of information in the Knowledge Base;
- Analyze customer problems and research solutions using the Knowledge base software;
- Assist less experienced representatives, as necessary;
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions;
- Document issues appropriately based on existing guidelines;
- Explain service contract provisions to dissatisfied customers;
- Provide easily understood answers adapted to the customer situation;
- Provide hardware and software technical support;
- Receive inbound customer calls, chats and Email inquiries;
- Suggest new content for knowledge base to increase customer self-service.
Qualifications and requirements
- A college degree or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to actively look for ways to help people;
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others‘ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.