The position of call center agent (inbound customer services & orders) consists of interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services, taking orders, analyzing customer problems, and handling and resolving complaints.
- Alert supervisors when there is an absence of information in the Knowledge Base;
- Assist less experienced representatives, as necessary;
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all services and equipment offered by the company;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers by gaining their trust and respect;
- Explain service contract provisions to dissatisfied customers;
- Keep current with program information, trends and developments in your field;
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions;
- Obtain details of complaints and account cancellations;
- Offer alternative solutions with the objective of retaining customer business;
- Utilize a variety of systems and web-based tools to research & resolve customer issues.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to actively look for ways to help people;
- Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others‘ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.