The position of auditor consists of examining and analyzing accounting records to determine financial status of an establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies;
- Confer with company officials about financial and regulatory matters;
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity;
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations;
- Examine whether the organization’s objectives are reflected in its management activities, and whether employees understand the objectives;
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions;
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings;
- Report to management about asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities;
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures;
- Supervise auditing of establishments, and determine scope of investigation required.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions;
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.