The position of accounting technician consists of being responsible for computing, classifying, and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete.
- Audit daily sales reports submitted by location management;
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required;
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained;
- Handle customer and employee accounts receivable;
- Keep management informed of area/department performance and raise any significant problems;
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings;
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information or to correct transactions;
- Post data to sales journal;
- Prepare requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases;
- Type a variety of documents, reports, and records.
Qualifications and requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence — Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Lines of communication
- Please Identify where the position fits within the hierarchy of your organization.
- Please indicate if the position is full time or part time. Also list any unique working conditions (such as working hours) that the candidate should know about.